Did I mention it’s summer here?! Well, technically it’s autumn now, but since I’m in Australia, I’m still classifying it as a New England summer! Like many backpackers or those on a working holiday visa, I’ve moved around quite a bit and am currently settled on the Sunshine Coast. It’s just a short bus ride or run from Noosa!
I love it here! So, in honor of all my summertime happiness, I’m sharing a dish filled with the best flavors of summer. In fact, the lobster is a favorite flavor from my home in New England. I must admit that I don’t always keep up with new recipes while traveling, so I’m sending all my gratitude to my mom for making up this dish!
It’s delicious and simple. The best dishes can be when you have fresh ingredients! So whether you’re looking forward to summertime or enjoying it right now, let’s give the recipe a quick look. 🙂
DIY Microwave Popcorn
- 1 tbsp. Earth Balance Vegany Butter (Soy free version if you need that!)
- 2 ears of corn
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 lb. lobster
- 2 tbsp. basil
- Sauté 1 tablespoon of butter or Earth Balance in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cut the kernels off of 2 ears of freshly picked corn. Sauté in butter for 2 minutes until tender.
- Cut 10 cherry tomatoes in half. Add to corn. Sauté 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 pound fresh cooked lobster cut in to bite sized pieces. Sauté 1 minute until just heated through.
- Turn off heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil.
- Enjoy! Serves 1 for a large meal or 2 for a small meal.
So if you need a dash of summertime in your life, this dish is for you! I’m of course sharing this with all my friends over at Fiesta Friday. And, thank you so much to this week’s co-hosts, Josette @ thebrookcook and Lily @ little sweet baker.