Pumpkin Spiced Lattes. Pumpkin Pies. I used to be convinced that after Thanksgiving, pumpkin was no longer in season. However, my mom claimed that people eat pumpkin all through the holiday season. So, we baked up these pumpkin muffins, and let me tell you, they are the perfect treat to have in your bag as you’re running around between holiday parties. And, they are indeed, plenty festive.
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe!
Mini Pumpkin Muffins (GF & DF)*
*Adapted from Art and Soul of Baking
- 2 cups Wholesome Cup 4 Cup flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins or chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin tins with shortening.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Add the sugar and blend well.
- Add the pumpkin, canola oil, and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until blended and smooth. Add the raisins or nuts, if using.
- Fill MINI muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake mini muffins 14 – 17 minutes.
I’m bringing this dish to Fiesta Friday! My favorite party in the blogosphere. Thanks to Sadhna @ Herbs, Spices, and Traditions and Natalie @ Kitchen, uncorked for co-hosting!
Happy Cooking, and have a wonderful weekend!