Between Easter, Patriots’ Day, Passover, the Boston Marathon, and more, I’m sure you have a couple of busy days in front of you! Personally, I’ll be preparing a few fast meals as I run between events because I have difficulties eating out and at potlucks. But, come Tuesday, we’ll all be looking for quick, simple meals as we recover from a fun weekend of events (and heavy food for some).
That said, one of my favorite quick dishes is mexican chicken. It’s certainly not authentic, but I know it’s easy to make. It’s one of the first meals I ever cooked! (And, one that I chose to live off of throughout college 🙂 ). This meal can be made even simpler if you use Todd’s Bayou Dirt, a delicious spice mix. The light bite of spice is always refreshing, and will be perfect for those recovering from rich Easter meals.
So, Happy Easter, or any other occasion you’re celebrating this weekend! And, at a minimum, I hope you get outside to enjoy the beautiful springtime weather.
Allergens: Celiac Friendly and free of the Big 8.
Adapted from a recipe in Rachael Ray’s magazine, Every Day.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil (My favorite is O Olive Oil, but you can use any one you like.)
- Spices: Either use Todd’s Bayou Dirt, or mix the seasonings below
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. of ancho or chipotle chile powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Create a spice mixture (if you’re not using Todd’s Bayou Dirt) by combining the spices above and mixing thoroughly.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half (optional). And, thinly slice the red onion, garlic cloves, and jalapeños.
- Place chicken on pan,and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Rub Dirt of seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and jalapeños on top. Drizzle with olive oil again.
- Cook the chicken through. This will take approximately 20 minutes with 6-8 oz. chicken breasts.