After another trip away, I’m officially back home again. And, here to stay for a little while. So far the sun’s been shining and I haven’t been too cold as I adjust from the Australian (and Floridian) heat. But, the best bit about being home is my mom’s cooking.
The Greenway (Boston, MA)
While there’s a long list of new recipes to try out, we began with this Mojo Grilled Chicken recipe out of Cooking Light. All the flavors blend perfectly for a delicious meal. The marinade is actually quite light on the chicken, so you need the onions to give this dish a bit of bite! (So if you don’t like onions, I’d hold off on this dish.)
Mojo Grilled Chicken Breast
This recipe is sure to be a family favorite, and it’s the perfect hearty meal with light flavors as we head into summer!
Mojo Grilled Chicken*
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper
- 6 garlics cloves minced
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into ½-in rings
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Once mixed, place a ¼ cup of the marinade in a medium bowl.
- Add a ¼ tsp. of salt and the chicken to the large bowl of marinade. Let stand for 20 minutes.
Chicken in the Marinade
- Heat a grill pan to high heat and grill the onion slices for 10 minutes (rotating occasionally).
Grilling the Onion Slices
- Once cooked ¼ tsp. of salt to the medium bowl of marinade, and place the onions inside. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Onions in the Marinade
- Remove chicken from the marinade, and sprinkle with the final ¼ tsp. of salt. Place on the grill pan to cook (approximately five minutes on each side or until done).
- Serve with any sides and garnishing of your choice, we used rice, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro!
*Recipe from Cooking Light, June 2016
I’m of course sharing this recipe at Fiesta Friday! Can’t wait to see what everyone else brought to this week’s party. 🙂
P.S: If you like this post, be sure to check me out on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest!